It was the cherry blossom, sketched delicately, the soft beige, chartreuse, the touch of black, the .. hem hem, yes, I am about to say it .. the pink ....... anyone who knows me will know that I am not a pink person, yet ... here it works, and with the Paris in spring thing, it's a must. That led me to think of Gigi, so I started Etsy searching for any Gigi, Paris, spring type images ... et, voila! A new idea for my blogging week emerged, Time Travel Tuesday (also fitting nicely with my scifi leanings).
So, each Tuesday, if you want to play along, pick a themed time (like Paris in Gigi which was turn of the century) and blog as many inspiring things as possible, including yummy things that people are making via Etsy, your own images, music, video, really whatever! Should be fun, n'est pas?
Here are my first offerings for the inaugural Time Travel Tuesday ... think Paris in the springtime with Maurice Chevalier serenading us in the background ...
This apartment is very much at the centre of my idea, this and the park where we first meet Gigi and hear the opening song from Maurice.
All these lovely things say it all really ...







Perfume is a must in this little time capsule ...
"At the turn of the century, perfume was a single-flower fragrance. Rose, violet, lilac, and lily of the valley were in high demand." (from here)
Coty was one of the early Parisian perfumers and I know that Eau de Cologne was huge at this time ...
And the bird that Gigi had to learn to eat delicately? ... an ortolan

Oh dear, we ate there the other night, but I'm very glad to report that there were none on the menu!
One more pretty Parisian image
Ah, tres jolie!
Bonsoir, mes amis!





No comments:
Post a Comment