What's Hot
1. Preparing and eating delicious food :: particularly mushrooms, like those being cooked right now in Jamie at Home - a whole episode on mushrooms!! I have some lovely swiss browns in the fridge that I sort of forgot about. Bought them on Tuesday to have with steak but found a bag of mushrooms already waiting for me when I got home.
Might turn these ones into mushroom risotto tomorrow night.
And how about these scrummy sounding risotto recipes.
Mmmmm!
2. Festive lights. Looking forward to bringing out my twiggy lights from last year - will probably do this soon. But I spied some fairy lights out shopping the other day so might have to break out an buy another string of them for the deck and perhaps some icicle lights for the front porch.
Meanwhile, these are rather pretty ...
by Hannahnunn
3. Writing - and the thought of writing in this journal is so appealing! Hot Cocoa Journal sounds very enticing, encouraging the putting of pen to paper. Even though we are edging closer to summer, the little cold snap we're in the midst of makes the concept of this journal fit in perfectly.
4. Catching up with old friends. Looking forward to a long overdue get together on Sunday. Planning afternoon tea and I think I will bake a nice old fashioned butter cake with lemon icing. Mmmmm.
5. As 3 out of 4 Hot items have been food related, here's one more:
Walnuts. Yum.
What's Not
1. Rain in November. Coolness is unwelcome, particularly when we had a taste of warmth two days ago. We had a v.hot Melbourne Cup day but by Wednesday it was back to sleeves and thinking about soup for lunch. And now I'm sitting here with icy fingers and toes!2. Feeling like it should be Friday when it's only Thursday. That will teach us for having the Thursday night Thai takeaway on Wednesday night.
3. Fiendish villains that launch kamikaze raids to swipe leftover breakfast. Curse the jingling stealth bomber!
We like furry visitors here and welcome our neighbouring felines from either side - because they are nice, pleasant creatures.
But this Goth, or perhaps I should call him a Hun, leaves a calling card every time he scampers away - he turns his back, sticks up his tail and sprays the garden, the fence and even once, our table on the deck. Good thing Jasper and Licorice are such a great watch cats - they chase him off the premises every chance they get. Dastardly deviant! I shake my fist at you!!! Fiend!!!
4. Discovering that yet again it's nearly midnight. Why are there not enough hours in the evening? I dream of a night that is as long as the day I spend at work, giving me time to do cute blog posts, write, make things, cook and eat a scrumptious dinner and still get to bed and have time to read my book and then get a good 7 - 8 hours sleep. This sort of existence must be in that parallel universe I keep imagining.
5. How about that, I cannot think of another un-hot thing. That has to be good!


No comments:
Post a Comment