Friday, January 04, 2013

Dreams, wishes, plans ...

Sitting in dappled sunlight, well my left foot is. It's a new year again, 4 days in, little aunty marg's birthday today, happy birthday to someone I fondly remember. There's a breeze, the titch, titch, titch of crickets, a pleasant rumble and clickety clack of a train crossing the bridge and heading on westwards. A plane roars out, off to some far distant place. Birds rasp, chirp and whistle. Now a train coming east approaches and clatters over the bridge, a nice sound I think.
So here we are in 2013. Our Ruf is currently asleep on top of the BBQ, very relaxed and peaceful. We made it, through 8 weeks of, well, through 8 weeks. Feeding tube gone, jaw working well, now it's just healing and a few more things that we can come to when we come to them.
Happy. Enjoying this moment, and that's what I hope the most for 2013 - enjoy the moment, and make the most of it. Make plans and enjoy them.
So my plan today is Les Mis, shopping, lunch, Bunnings maybe. Tonight I'm cooking my second 15 minute meal, thanks Jamie, the Thai chicken lahksa was very yummy, but more like 45 mins! But that's ok, just need to do more prep, so that means it really isn't 15 mins??!
Days 1,2 and 3?
1 was the last of tube feeding, collar changing, the leash! Lunch - very good roast potatoes! And beef, pork, salads, strudel. Driving up to SASH, then an evening, the first in 8 weeks, that didn't have a night feed. Felt amazing.
2 was waiting, waiting, progress reports, and finally success. Picked up Ruf at 5.30, now just 7 days of meds.
3 saw me lolling a bit! Poor uv had to return to work, but I spent the day checking on Ruf who was enjoying next doors garden and later and who later curled up and slept all afternoon in a corner of their shed. I washed, read, snoozed, talked on the phone, shopped, cooked, watched the first almighty johnsons, season 2. Not bad, eh?

No comments: