Thursday, June 17, 2010

A lovely place to sleep

Our bedroom is desperately in need of a revamp - it is the one room in the house that has not yet had a lick of paint and boy, does it need it. I am beginning to gather inspiration for the room I hope to create. Here's a few recent ideas :::


I'm loving Lauren Nelson's place. This is another inspiring room. Would I be game to paint one of my balloon back chairs black?? So tempting when you see the results above. Love the sheets, the plush floor rug, and the soft silvery grey-ness with black accents (and a wee touch of red!) {from here}


I would love to have a room large enough to put my camphor wood chest at the end of the bed, like this. Rather like the wall colour and the rug, not so keen on the bed placed close to the door. A lovely airy tranquil space though. {from here}


Love the mis-matched lamps of similar shape, the touch of yellow, the grey and the striped doona cover. {from here}

Love the simplicity of this fireplace and mantle - beautiful. {from here}

Boston plantation shutters Custom Indoor Shutters
Plantation shutters - yes that would work a treat on the oversize window. {from here}

I am sensing a trend here - white, greyish neutrals, timber, black accents and a touch of yellow.

No comments: